Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pros-Aide Cream

While shopping around online for a source to purchase pros-aide cream, my professor and I stumbled upon mehandi.com. We were both excited about the idea of doing henna with pros-aide and glitter so we ordered some right away.
We ordered the large jar of pros-aide cream and four colors of glitter. I used a plastic baggie to "pipe" the pros-aide onto my skin and applied the glitter by tapping the container above my skin. First, I drew on an initial design with a lip liner pencil. 
I then filled my plastic baggie with pros-aide cream. For this I used a piece of paper plate cut into a wedge-shape, but you could use a plastic spoon or other disposable item. 
Then I cut the tip of the baggie with scissors. The first time around I cut it too much and had a large opening, be sure to cut off very little of the tip because you can always make it bigger.
I then began piping the pros-aide onto my arm following the design I drew. This was a difficult step because there is a learning curve (as always) to getting smooth, straight lines. 

After completing each set of lines I wanted for each color, I applied the glitter and then let it dry a little before moving on to the next color. 
I started with purple, then gold, blue, and red. I would suggest doing the darkest colors first just in case the glue isn't fully dry and picks up some of the glitter. Also, apply the glitter over a trash can or something to catch the glitter, it goes everywhere otherwise. 

The above picture was taken once everything was dry. As you can see, I smudged part of it on the right side, and there is still glitter everywhere. The remaining glitter came off easily after about half an hour and the glue had completely set. 
The look lasted for about two full days before parts of it started peeling off.

Below is a photo of the application after two showers and two nights. 

 I ended up peeling the whole thing off rather than using remover because it came off very easily.

Supplies:
Pros-aide cream
Scooper
Plastic baggie
Lip liner pencil
Scissors
Glitter


No comments:

Post a Comment